Are you ready for the 1st Annual FitBit challenge? I’ve had such great results with my FitBit, I want to get you all inspired to get in shape and lose weight like I’m doing. And I’m giving away $500 in prizes!
Check Out My Results with the FitBit
I’ve lost a total of 17 pounds in the past 2 months, using my FitBit to walk 10,000 steps per day every day.
I’ve also lost 13% body fat in 2 months.
And here are my measurements…
BEFORE (2 MONTHS AGO):
BUST – 39
WAIST – 32
HIPS – 42.75
UPPER THIGH – 23.25
UPPER ARM – 12.5
BUST – 37
WAIST – 30.5
HIPS – 41
UPPER THIGH – 22
UPPER ARM – 12
Total inches lost in 2 months: 2 inches in the bust, 1.5 inches in the waist, 1.75 in the hips, 1.25 in the upper thigh, and 1/2 inch in the upper arm.
And all I do is walk 10,000 steps a day, every day, and I watch what I eat. FitBit has a function where you can log what you eat and make sure you stay under a certain number of calories. I eat real food (whatever I want) and I eat to satiety. I have not felt deprived in the slightest.
I’ve been trying to do the kettlebell as well, but I’m having the hardest time getting motivated with that. I haven’t managed to get it into my routine yet, so I’ve only done a handful of workouts.
You can read more about exactly what I did in this post: How I Lost 10 Pounds in One Month with My FitBit
Get Your FitBit On!
So are you ready to join me and get in shape?
We can all help each other get in shape by doing this TOGETHER. All you have to do is join the FitBit Challenge!
Oh and did I mention the PRIZES? I’m giving away $500 in prizes to the winners.
Four participants will win the following prizes (one prize per person):
Grand Prize: $175 Amazon Gift Certificate for anything you want. Maybe it’s that skinny pair of designer jeans you are GOING to fit into — or how about some Vibram Fivefingers or an iPod Touch to load your tunes on? Whatever you decide to get, make sure it is something that is a special treat that you love and makes you feel happy. Retail value $175
Second Prize: 12 months of Audible membership – I LOVE my Audible membership! You can listen to audiobooks while you do your steps. Get a new audiobook every month. Retail value $150
First Prize: FitBit Aria Scale – This scale is awesome! It automatically syncs with your FitBit dashboard, so all you have to do is step on in the morning and you’ll be able to track your weight loss progress. What I really love about it is it tracks your fat percentage. Seeing what you weigh can be discouraging from day to day, because there are ups and downs. Also, muscle weighs more than fat. But when you’re building muscle, the Aria scale will show you that you are actually losing fat even if you aren’t losing weight from day to day. Retail value $129.95
Third Prize: 3 months of Audible membership – You’ll never get tired of doing your steps when you have good books to listen to. Retail value $45
Here’s How It Will Work
The FitBit Challenge officially starts Sunday, June 23rd and ends 6 weeks later on Saturday, August 3rd.
1. Enter the contest below (scroll down to where it says Enter the FitBit Challenge).
2. Send me your before photo and measurements (no later than June 23, 2013).
3. Get yourself a [easyazon-link asin=”B00BGO0Q9O” locale=”us”]Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity + Sleep Wristband, Black[/easyazon-link]. [easyazon-link asin=”B00BGO0Q9O” locale=”us”]Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity + Sleep Wristband, Black[/easyazon-link]Click here to order one on Amazon and have it shipped to you.
[easyazon-link asin=”B00BGO0Q9O” locale=”us”]Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity + Sleep Wristband, Black[/easyazon-link]
You could also borrow one from a friend (although it might be tough to get them to give it up!).
You don’t have to have a FitBit — any pedometer will do. Just make sure you can track your steps.
You can find [easyazon-link asin=”B00BGO0Q9O” locale=”us”]Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity + Sleep Wristband, Black[/easyazon-link]
4. On June 23rd (not before), start tracking your steps on your FitBit every day over the next 6 weeks.
Each day that you hit 10,000 steps or more, visit this site and log it. (I’ll include the link here to log your workouts when we launch the Challenge.)
5. When the 6 weeks are up on Saturday, August 3rd (at midnight Pacific,) whoever has the most points AND has the best results (measurements, weight loss, and before and after photos,) will win prizes.
Enter the FitBit Challenge
1. Enter your email address below to join my mailing list. Comment below that you did.
You must be on my mailing list to qualify for prizes. If you’re already on it, just comment saying that you are already on my mailing list.
Sign up for the newsletterClose
2. Take your before photo and send to me along with your measurements, dress size, and weight to annmarie AT realfoodmedia DOT com. Please put FITBIT CHALLENGE in the subject line of the email.
3. Start logging your workouts on June 23, 2013. I’ll update this post prior to the start date with the post where you will log your work outs. You MUST log your workouts every day on Cheeseslave.com for them to be counted.
4. When the challenge ends on August 3, send me your AFTER photo along with your measurements, dress size, and weight to annmarie AT realfoodmedia DOT com. After photo and measurements must be received no later than August 5th.
Remember: You may not start logging steps until Sunday, June 23rd.
Send me your after photos and measurements no later than June 23, 2013. The photos of the winners will be used on my website. (Feel free to cut the head off your photo is you would like to remain anonymous. I will use first names only.)
Winners will be announced on Saturday, August 10th.
Winners will be chosen based on final number of points AND results based on before and after photos, measurements, dress size, and weight.
Winners will be announced on Saturday, August, 10th.
Note: This challenge is open to anyone anywhere in the world. No purchase necessary to win.
If you have questions, please post them below in the comments.